Read more: http://www.colormagicphotography.com/2010/03/customize-style-static-pageshide.html#ixzz1xUaX93nZ

Monday, October 1, 2012

Genre Knowledge

I had so much fun sharing the that last little tid-bit of Dissidence with all of you that I thought I'd do it again. Who wants to know what genre it is??? Anyone? Okay, I'll tell you.

Obviously it's young adult, since that's what I write, but it's also a DYSTOPIAN. In case you're not aware of what that is, other popular recent dystopian titles include 'The Hunger Games' by Suzanne Collins, and 'Divergent' by Veronica Roth, among others.

More specifically, dystopian means: of or pertaining to or resembling a dystopia, or the idea of a society, generally of a speculative future, characterized by negative, anti-utopian elements, varying from environmental to political and social issues.

For a better idea, think 'Incarceron' by Catherine Fisher meets 'Matched' by Ally Condie, with a dash of 'Insurgent' by Veronica Roth thrown in. Okay, now mix that all up and see what pops out.

If all you're getting from that blend is a bunch of question marks, don't worry. A more comprehensible description will be headed your way shortly :)

And, don't forget, if we can get my blog followers up to 50 or my Facebook likes up too 100 I'll be sending a GIVEAWAY your way!!!!! So, get clicking people ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment